Thank you for checking out Oakwood Baptist Church! We look forward to meeting you soon at one of our services. Let's see if we can answer some of your questions before we even have the privilege of welcoming you personally!
- What should I expect? We are conservative in our theology and in our worship. We sing out of a hymnal, accompanied by an organ and piano. The cultural background for most of us is the Caribbean although we gladly welcome anyone and everyone!
- How long does the service last? Our services generally last 75 minutes.
- What do I wear? We come in all shapes and sizes in all manner of dress - from "Sunday best" to casual. We are far more concerned about you as a person, not with what you are wearing!
- Will I be expected to give money? No. You come as our guest. The church is supported by the donations of our members and friends.
- Where do I park? Unfortunately, parking is a challenge at Oakwood. We have a very small parking lot. Parking on nearby streets is available as well as a public parking lot south of the church.